Friday, October 07, 2005

SLIDESHOW-Fire Dancing

CLICK HERE or on the image to download (2mb)

Fire Dancing with staff or with chains (poi) is an ancient art that can be traced back to many countries in the AustralAsia part of the world particularly the Maori's in New Zealand. Today, it can be found all over the world and has a strong scene in San Francisco. I was really looking forward to getting to the Thai islands as I would be able to get back into doing it as it had been years since I had last lit up. I first learned 6 years ago in Australia, and have some friends who really take it to another level( check them out Here.) It was great to get back into it again as it is a truly invigorating and wonderful artform. Enjoy-Ben

1 Comments:

Blogger boiled egg said...

wow! i'm starting my year out of travels on june 1st to almost all the same countries you two went through & was getting scared w/ me being a girl going on my own, but you did such a great job journaling your holiday. It is truely inspiring the depths and variety of your talents. good luck, hope to hear your music live when I get back from my holiday..

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home